Phone: (517) 355-8442
Web pages: Community of Science Profile
BS, Pennsylvania State University
MS, Michigan State University
PhD, Michigan State University
20% Research, 80% Extension
Extension: Extension efforts are focused on providing educational programs for producers and agribusiness professionals on dairy management; including use of herd management information, human resource management, and biosecurity. Current efforts include:Developing materials to:
- Assist producers assess and enhance farm level biosecurity.
- Working with Extension educators and industry to connect the public with modern food production.
Research: To provide information, tools and access to data for producers and agribusiness professionals resulting in improved management and management decision making. Current efforts include:
- Developing a database of biosecurity practices used by progressive Michigan dairy and beef producers.
- Determining factors that impede developmePnt of farm gate biosecurity (visitor) protocols on Michigan dairy and beef farms.
- Assessing issues and opportunities facing Michigan’s dairy industry.
- Evaluating the impact of “Breakfast on the Farm” events as a way to inform, education, and connect the public to food production and to better understand public impressions of dairy farms.